Monday, December 10, 2007

scarlet letter.

stayed home sick today. i could NOT get up this morning. and it hurts to speak. freals. and with so much time on my hands i did some thinking. "it must needs be better for the sufferer to be free to show his pain...than to cover it all up in his heart." -Dimmesdale. finally! words to explain myself. explain, not justify. i need not justify myself. whether you believe me or not is no longer of my concern. but anyway, i loved the story of this book. i only wish i read it for fun and not for english. i hate being forced to read books, cuz then i dont enjoy them to their full potential. Scarlet Letter had such a simply complex story of guilt & shame, so easy for anyone to relate to. thats why i liked it so much. "such loss of faith is ever one of the saddest results of sin (Hawthorne)." it pains me to realize how true these words are at certain times of my life. gosh, this book was intense. (haha freakin scarlet letter...i write differently in this post..hahahaha.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol
hope those two lines
aren't related.
:P

Anonymous said...

hahaaha thanks :) just this one person... lol w/e
LOL
that is SOOO wrong...and...well...well-deserved. :) i'm jealous.