Wednesday, March 28, 2007

rest in peace.

my aunt nida (dad's sister) died today.

i am glad i got to meet her and see her alive and well before she passed.

tonight i close my eyes and remember when i met her when i went to the PI.

when she saw me, she pulled me into a big hug and began to cry.

i didnt say it, but i wondered why she was crying.

she hugged me tighter and told everyone there that she was glad we were

able to finally come to the philippines. she was sick then, but still

able to eat and walk and talk. i remember she looked at me, with eyes full

of tears, and i wanted to cry too. cuz she said something along these lines:

"puede na akong mamatay. nagkita ko na ang mga pamangkin ko"

(i can rest in peace now that i have seen my neice and nephew)

all my cousins and aunts and uncles all told her not to talk like that...

but we knew then already, that she was not well.

and now today, my mom and dad tell me the sad news.

and even though i was never close to my tita nida, i still feel sad...

but i'm glad she is in a better place now. where she doesnt have to be in pain

anymore. and i'm glad i got to meet her and be with her before she passed away.

rest in peace, tita. ♥

No comments: